Living Life Now

Thursday, January 05, 2006

O.M.G !!! Narnia !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well what can I say ! The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is just a sensational piece of cinema !!!! That film will go down in history.
Everything about it was amazing. The characters, the scenery, the script, the acting, the story line (especially in its relation to the Gospel !).

I know I shouldn't because she's evil and therefore probably represents the devil or some evil demon, but I loved the White Witch. Not because she's evil, but because she has such a presence on the screen, and she's the sort of character that you just LOVE to HATE !
She does actually remind us how powerful evil can be. Evil can be manipulative ie, take the scene where she tricks Edmund into believing how he could one day be king on Narnia if he only did what she told him.

Having said that... Good will always triumph eventually ! Hurrah !!
Aslan and his followers (or as Dan and I put it, 'Believers'), triumphed over the witch, because they believed. They believed in what they were fighting for. For their freedom, and more importantly, their right to Love !!
God is Love ! And if we believe in love then we believe in Him. To me that is such a simple but massive statement.

I got chatting to a woman on a train once, and though i cannot remember the conversation we were having, one sentence she said really stuck with me:
"It doesn't matter who we are, what we do, or even who we love, but God put us on this earth to love each other".

That to me is amazing !
And though many might see all that as airy fairy statements that are not exactly going to change the world, I personally couldn't go through my life without love, especially my love for God.

That's why Narnia meant so much to me. As a fairly new christian I need these reminders that God is real. He is the living God. And I got so emotional when Peter cried "For Aslan, For Narnia". Thats all God wants, our love and our desire to fight for His Son's church.
And i fully intend to ! Anyone with me ?

3 Comments:

  • Yes yes YESSSSSSSSS!!!

    I'm with you!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

    D xxx

    By Blogger Dan Bowen, at 2:04 PM  

  • A very good and informative and passionate review. Came through to your blog via the Boy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 AM  

  • Thank u Anon. Glad u enjoyed. Do keep popping back from time to time, I may just have a few more interesting things to say lol !
    And I see the Boy is causing quite stir over at his blog !!! lol !

    By Blogger Scott Stringer, at 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home